Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Have pots and pans...and some fresh ingredients...will cook, anywhere. After spending months and still unable to find "the right" premises I've decided that no matter what, I'm cooking Vegan (and sharing if I can)...even if it's from the depths of my rather dark, yet large, 100 year old well stocked (in terms of utensils etc) kitchen. Lucky for me I accepted Pauls invitation to share this lovely old house with him. It's provided a large, quiet space to create, consider and contemplate life , the Universe and some new Vegan Cookbooks that I've been collecting for my shop. I should mention the dogs here...Jethro, our new 6month old border collie cross/anyones guess, has had two Pugs for a three day sleepover...did I say it was quiet? :-)

This was a quick Breakfast inspired by what was available this morning...bread, peanut butter, bananas, sunflower seeds and raisins. I plan to serve this as one of the six filling Vegan breakfasts I will have on the Menu for Bella Vegan.



2 x slices seed loaf
1 x large banana
Handful raisins
Peanut Butter
I small Nectarine

Lightly toast the two slices of seed loaf.
"Butter" generously with Peanut Butter ( or any Nut Butter of your choice).
Arrange slices of banana on top of the Peanut Butter.
Sprinkle with raw Sunflower seeds and raisins.
Pop under the grill until the bananas are slightly "roasted".
Drizzle wth Agave Syrup or Maple Syrup, if you like it sweeter, although the banana and raisins really sweeten up when they're warm!
Serve with wedges of Nectarine or Apple.

This is really filling and perfect to get you going on a cold winters day. Enjoy!:-)

1 comment: