Monday, June 14, 2010



Cape Town is shrouded in misty clouds, the ocean churns and the wind barrels down from the mountains. Simonstown, where I live, has a waterfall that dries to a trickle in the Summer...this morning it gushes down in torrents as I write this!! A few days ago I made a delicious Vegan Lasagne from what was available in the pantry....brocolli, carrots, lentils, tomatoes, potatoes, mushrooms and butternut. I used Soya milk and white flour to make a "white sauce'. We ate from this for two days...with green salad. I can't help turning to traditional winter fare when the mercury drops and it's really simple to convert old meaty favourites like lasagne, shepards pie and so on, to totally Vegan. Tastes the same, looks the same....only waaahaaay better! Compassion NEVER goes out of style, or tasted this good! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment